What is the class protocol?
- Doors open 15 minutes before start of class time. The doors will not open early.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the Yoga room
- Check your name off with the teacher as you come into class
- Come on time to class and do not leave early
- Turn phones off
- Use the toilet whenever you need
- Focus on yourself
- Attend regularly so that learning is systematic
- The Institute policy of 2 make-up classes per term (for 10 week Practitioner Yogasana Programs) encourages discipline
- Make-up classes do not carry beyond the term
- It is best not to come to class if you have fever or a contagious illness
- Your personal belongings and valuables remain your responsibility at all times. Yoga Mandir does not provide secure lockers for student belongings.
- Teaching instruction is directive – not conversational.
- Sanskrit is the key language of Yoga and poses are named in English and Sanskrit. In time it is expected that you will get to know the Sanskrit names.