Yoga Mandir is pleased to announce the first of our three day Practice Group Workshops. The three day weekend workshop will be conducted at Yoga Mandir in Canberra and will focus on the Foundation Syllabus used here at the Institute.
This workshop is for anyone who practices or wants to practice. Whether you practice alone, with a group of friends or don't yet practice and want to develop the skills to do so, this workshop is for you. In addition to developing practice skills, the weekend will provide you with an opportunity to meet up with others who practice and for individuals to come together in Yoga.
The Practice Group workshop is a great introduction for those wishing to enrol in the Sadhaka Program or Remote Study Group or for those simply wishing to further their practice skills.
The Practice Group Workshops are also linked to Samyama Lab (a collaboration between South Asia Research Institute (SARI) at ANU, and Yoga Mandir) and participants will be invited to make ongoing contributions to the discussions and exchanges in Samyama Lab.
Dates: Dates for our next practice workshop are to be confirmed
Focus: The focus of this workshop will be the Foundation Syllabus of Yoga Mandir. The syllabus is described in the Yoga Sadhana Handbook. Available at Yoga Mandir Resources
Cost: $240 per person. Does not include food or accommodation.
A minimum of 10 participants is required for this workshop to be run. Bookings close two weeks prior to the workshop (7/09/18). Please signal your intention to book early to ensure a place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10.00am. Welcome and introduction to Practice Based Learning.
- 10.30-12.00 asana class. Sequence 1
- 12.30-2.00pm group work. Establishing culture: collective vision. Discussion of roles, organisation, working together- the Buddy system.
- 5.00-6.30pm Led practice. Sequence 1. Group 1-lead, Group 2-Buddy, Group 3-Participate
- 7.00pm Dinner at nearby restaurant. Optional
- 7.00-8.30am asana class. Sequence 2
- 9.30-11.00 group work. Leadership skills. Observable actions, mirroring, pace, timing, voice, pronunciation, non verbal communication.
- 3.00-4.30pm Samyama Lab. Discussion. Reflections on the practice life. Open to the public.
- 4.45-6.15pm Led practice. Sequence 2. Group 2-lead, Group 3-Buddy, Group 1-Participate
- 7.00-8.30am asana class. Sequence 3
- 9.30-11.00am group work. Modifications. Setups and alternatives in the sequence.
- 1.30-3.00pm Led practice. Sequence 3. Group 3-lead, Group 1-Buddy, Group 2-Participate
- 3.30-4.00pm concluding remarks.