Workshop: Women's Health Essentials
Participation within the workshop equips female practitioners to consider their experience of menstruation in light of the kosas (the layers of experience) and to gain confidence in making modifications within their practice.
The workshop is structured across the sets or groups of asana, for example; standing poses, seated poses, forward bends, twists, inversions and backbends.
Participants will learn:
- how to take proper support in supine poses to rest the body, open the pelvis and support the spine;
- how to use the wall, ropes and blocks in standing poses to reduce tension and fatigue whilst maintaining correct alignment;
- how to set up inversions correctly so the body is suppported to rest in the optimal way;
- how to take intelligent support for the head so that the body and mind can quieten in forward bends.
- how to create lift, space and opening in the chest and abdomen during twists.
Participants also learn that the general attributes of asana can be enhanced, held in check, lessened or ameliorated with modifications to techniques, altered timings, placement within a sequence and or through repetition, depending on the intention and skill of the practitioner engaging with them.
Dates: Dates for the next course will be posted on our website and notified through news updates
Times: Saturday: 8:00am – 11:00am and Sunday: 8:00am – 11:00am
Eligibility: This workshop covers the very basics of adjusting asanas during menstruation. It is designed for beginners who have some experience of Iyengar Yoga. As such practitioners who have completed the Introduction to Iyengar Yoga are eligible to participate. More experienced Iyengar Yoga students are welcome to attend the workshop to refresh their knowledge and skills. Visiting Iyengar Yoga students, and those who attend Open classes regularly at Yoga Mandir are also eligible to enrol.
For more information on why you should consider enrolling in the Women's Health Course, click here.